Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Yay Twitter!

My phone is currently blowing up with tweet notifications. It does hurt a tad. I will say that, but I am not crying over it at all. I am not reacting in a way that is negative, instead I am trying to do this in a positive way.

I am sick of music that is sexist in any sense, whether it be my favorite genre of rock or my least favorite of rap. I don’t like music that really portrays anyone in a bad way (unless they deserve it because they killed someone, hurt someone, raped someone, ETC.) all the music I listen to is usually positive, there are the few that may not be fully positive, like one Eminem song (I know, rap, but my brother got me into him and his music a while ago, I only listen to a select few songs if any). I like music that either tells a story or has a positive message, or is just telling the truth about a fucked up situation. (Pretty much the whole Green Day album “American Idiot” and the story it tells in the album itself or the musical) I personally don’t think it’s healthy for young girls to think that they have to dress a certain way or anything to just get noticed. I believe I have something more to offer then my body and the stereotype of women in today’s society.
I see how the tweet would have looked like a direct attack on Blake and RaeLynn. I probably should have worded it way better. I believe both are talented in their genre of music. RaeLynn does have a beautiful voice, one I definitely don’t have or ever could. It’s just the song that I don’t like, not only because of the things girls are stereotyped to be, but because I am a strict atheist and don’t believe in any deity, whether it is the Christian god or any other religions. I was not made by a all magical being. i, along with everyone else on this earth are here because of evolution.

I really see how this did go downhill, maybe I should have hashtagged instead of totally tagged the artists, (again, both are talented, it’s the song I do not like). If you think I am totally anti-Blake then you don’t know me very well, when I used to watch the voice, I was team Blake (mostly because I was a huge Hey Monday fan so Cassadee was amazing to see on there, and yes, I do own her country album!). I don’t listen to that genre unless it really is Cassadee, I like music with heavy guitars and drums that is loud and in your face or even just pop punk. I am currently obsessed with Flyleaf, Icon For Hire, Butcher Babies, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Green Day, and Sum 41.

I understand Blake’s response. I think it is honorable he defended his former or if still current mentee (not sure how that works, only really watched two and a half seasons of The Voice, rooting for Cassadee, Terry McDermott, Michelle Chamuel, and Kat Robichaud. I get he responded the way he did, although I do believe telling someone to eat their boogers, assuming because I don’t like this song and think it is bullshit a tad harsh. I don’t do that, and instead am curled up drinking hot chocolate and watching an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Picard may be no Kirk, but still, Star Trek is Star Trek)

I am sorry again, if I offended anyone, again, it is the song, not the person performing it I do not like. Again, RaeLynn does have a pretty voice, something that I could never have.

Now to respond to some of the tweets I am getting.

I am not searching for my fifteen seconds of fame like someone suggested, if you actually know me as a human being, you know I keep to myself a lot and try not to be out there and be heard if It’s not something I am passionate about. I honestly didn’t think Blake would see the tweet let alone respond to it. I have tweeted many people many times, like Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low),  Stephen Colbert (one of my personal hero’s) the gross Dahvie Vanity of Blood On The Dance Floor (who usually does respond to criticism)  Emily Miller (someone from Fox News), William Shatner, Lana Del Rey, Bill O’Reilly and a bunch of other musicians who’s music I enjoy. So honestly, not getting a response was something I was expecting since it never really has happened before with someone as famous as Blake Shelton, so I honestly believed it would go into the many, many messages Blake gets hourly from fans and other people.
Someone mentioned that I wouldn’t look good in a flowy skirt. Directly attacking my body is also something no one should do about anyone. It is kid of tacky. So thank you for pointing out the thunder thighs I was highly aware that I have.

Also, To Whom It May Concern, my username is a reference to a song. Miss Nothing by the Pretty Reckless, a kick ass rock band fronted by Taylor Momsen.
Saying something about my hair is also a petty jab like how I can’t rock a flowy skirt. I dye it half red and half black. It is inspired by the kickass Ash Costello of band New Years Day.

I would also say I am not wasting my life away like one said, I am going into my senior year, after that I will be going to college to study either biology or Earth Science, I plan on getting a Ph.D and have a fulfilling life!
I again, would like to say I honestly didn’t mean to attack them if that is how some of you are wording it, it is my opinion, on my twitter account that not a lot of people follow. Sorry.


Have a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment