Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Another Thing About The Twitter Incident

Now that this is mostly over and has calmed down, I would like to address this a little better with some new stuff.

I am absolutely owning up to what I tweeted, but I will say in twitter, you cannot fully say what you mean because of the character limit. The song I do not like, the person, I don’t know at all so how can I hate her if I don’t know her personally or have at least seen her/heard about her doing terrible things. I absolutely do not hate RaeLynn or Blake. They are both obviously talented since they got to where they are today. I am a musically challenged individual, I cannot sing, I can only play one song on the guitar and when I play the drums, it isn’t as pretty as I would like it to be.

This whole thing has also brought something to my attention that is just annoying. Being an atheist does not make me a terrible human being, and neither does liking tattoos and piercings. I am a science based person. I have to have evidence in order to make an opinion and change my mind on something. I was born into a Christian family; my father is religious but also believes in science and is a very smart human being. He just has a hard time believing how there isn’t a god and believes maybe he started the big bang. My mother was not a religious person and isn’t currently. She believes in a higher power, but not so much the typical god and my brother is a firm atheist and believer in science and evolution. I was first an agnostic before becoming a full on atheist, because you can’t just deny science.

Atheists have morals; we just don’t need a book to tell us how to be good people. To me, it is common sense and human rights. I absolutely LOVE the Constitution and Universal Declaration Of Human Rights. Those documents are amazing, but I don’t base everything off them, I base how laws should be off them. As a human, to me, morals are common sense and don’t need a god telling me how to think and feel and treat people.

I understand how some people want to believe in an afterlife and a heaven. I would love for there to be an afterlife. I think it would be awesome, but I don’t see any evidence supporting it. If there is evidence, I would change my mind.

What I don’t get, but sort of do is the personal attacks. Some people have called me ugly, one said I was a cow slut, one even inferred I was fat. I get you are defending your idol or person you love who’s music enjoy, but personal attacks like that are not only petty jabs, but they don’t get anyone anywhere.
I also don’t feel better attacking someone on twitter. I just wanted to get my opinion out about a song. Out of the thousands of tweets Blake Shelton gets, I am actually still in shock he saw mine. I don’t sit behind a computer screen and attack people online. I may make an entry to my blog about how I don’t agree with something or about my opinion on something, but I don’t say someone (unless you are the gross pedophile that is Dahvie Vanity) is stupid and say awful things about them, (okay, maybe Justin Bieber too)

Someone noticed a tweet of mine about the Kim Kardashian Game. I do play it, but not because I love Kim Kardashian and want to be famous, but because I am going to write a blog entry about the differences between it, Stardom and how bad they are for young girls with developing minds by teaching us how to be famous. (tip: buying new clothes will get you noticed, dating celebrities will get you more fans)

I would also like to say that sometimes I do enjoy confrontation and sometimes like to argue (which is why my parents keep telling me I should be a lawyer, not a scientist.) and, if I am offended, I tend to argue back, especially when it comes to people talking about how I need religion and they will pray for me. I get angry because religion has been a poison to me and I believe it can poison too many things. I turned away from religion and found it very freeing. Also if you just say something stupid to me and is a petty jab, I probably will respond sarcastically about how mature you are. What really bugs me is that not all were teenage girls which is expected, but some were grown adults, a few were even grown men. He called me a cow slut and said I have daddy issues. I still don’t fully understand exactly what a cow slut is, but I think it may have something to do with bestiality, something I DO NOT agree with or support in any way. Either way, I actually am worried for the GROWN adults that sent me mean tweets, they are grown adults, they shouldn’t be responding in a way that calls me a “cow slut,” “bitch” and telling me to find God along with other stuff that is just not even tasteful at all.

I am only human. I tweeted my opinion, I should have hashtagged not tagged. I own up to it.
So anyway, have a good day and as Spock would say:


Live Long and Prosper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment